the white house, five of five

Friday, December 2, 2011

Finally, the last White House post. I swear, this is it! So moving upstairs again to the Yellow Oval Room as it was in 1886 and again in 1991

The Treaty Room in 1890, 1963, and 2002.


The Lincoln Bedroom circa 1889 and 2007

The Master Bedroom circa 1893 and 1981

And lastly, my favorite are the highly personal spaces of the White House including the East Bedroom, the West Bedroom, the Music Room and the Solarium. I hope you enjoyed the mega five-post "tour" through time. I'm so thankful that the White House Museum has put so much time in collecting these images and the history behind them to take us on this tour. What era is your favorite? What do you think of the spaces? Speaking of budgetary matters, I wonder what the decorating budget looks like? Have a great weekend!