gifts to craft

Friday, December 9, 2011

As I mentioned, we're not a big spending family for the holidays. I've found that people can usually buy themselves whatever they need, but something made is unique. I've received many a handmade gift that I really cherish. My favorites?

Homemade Vanilla Sugar Scrub



Shaped Crayons



Hand-Sewn Apron



Homemade marinated vegetables or spice blends.



Tissue Envelope, seriously so helpful.



Decorated Globe - this is not actually a craft but I think it would be fun to attempt for a kid's room with some butterflies, or maybe even superhero stickers? It is originally decoupage if you want to just purchase it.



Also I am a fan of food gifts, such as these cheddar crackers.

Source: myrecipes.com via Ann on Pinterest



Or maybe some snack mix?



Or maybe just some old fashioned cookies.

Source: favim.com via Ann on Pinterest

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

Hi Ann,
thanks for visiting Hampton Hostess today. I love the vanilla scrub--do you have the recipe, such a great gift idea!

Ann said...

Ah yes, you can find it here: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2011/12/homemade-gift-idea-vanilla-bean-sugar-scrub-holiday-recipe-exchange.html

Let me know how it turns out for you!