Serene in South Carolina

Monday, January 12, 2015

We have often visited Charleston to see friends. It is one of my favorite Southern cities. Well, probably just my favorite.


I saw this house gallery a couple weeks ago but thought of it again today while I was getting a massage. On a side note, I'll really miss the spa/onsen experience here in Japan. It is so part of Japanese culture which makes it is very affordable, clean and relaxing but to me, it still feels like a luxury. As I was looking up, I noticed of all the walls were this serene blue-green, much like this house's palette. What is it about that color that just relaxes a person?




Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, I agree with you about the charm of this house. Enough space, without being huge or small, but most important is the architectural features of the house, especially that abundance of windows. I am not crazy about the furnishings, but then I am sure that you would want to pick out your own.
--Jim

ArchitectDesign™ said...

AND it's pretty :-) Pretty is important although people like to poo poo the notion.

Hels said...

I really love the front of the Charleston house, but don't know enough about local architecture to know if it is typical or not. Nor do I know the era in which it was built.

The small veranda is central, but the roofline and doorway are not. The shutters are lovely.