buy this house

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Whenever I'm feeling a little homesick for the U.S., I pick a state and start window shopping their real estate ads. I know, strange. But the other day I found this gorgeous lake house built in the 1880's and just a short drive from Chicago in Wisconsin. I'm smitten with the enclosed wrap around porch and original woodwork. So take a peek:













It comes replete with the original boathouse and gazebo. It even has a bowling alley!



Naturally there is some restoration and updating I would consider but I hope whomever decides to call this home keeps all the charming details and woodwork.
Parnassus said...

Hi Ann, This house does look enchanting, although 2.5 million does seem a little high, and Wisconsin somewhat on the cold side. I think a lot could be done to improve/warm up the interior, but as you mention, the bones are there. My favorite part is that large yard leading to the lake.