japanese toys

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I've been picking up some odd Japanese toys whenever I see them. These are my favorites. We have a local store called Niko which is sort of like an Anthropologie in the States. I'm not sure if I've written about this store yet but they have wonderful little soap dishes that say things like, "good for home and safari" and such. Anyways they had these little wooden animals when I was there a few weeks ago so I brought home this guy.


Then the other day I was walking through a market and saw a woman selling cypress wood toys which are a regional specialty. I'm not quite sure if the wheeled one is a mouse or a rabbit but no matter, he's cute enough for me. I found the little cat in another store and it is actually a box for when you lose your teeth. It had a little tag telling about the mythical tooth fairy that visits children in "Europes and Americas" so I had to buy it.


Still working on the nursery. As you can see while the drapes aren't lined at least they have trim. Priorities.
Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, The Japanese really specialize in cuteness, so that is probably a good place to be furnishing a nursery. In traditional market areas here in Taiwan, there are all kinds of old-fashioned wooden toys available.

Also, for some really unusual and cute stuffed animals, you should look for nature stores--there seems to be no limit to the variety available.
--Road to Parnassus