dressing a daybed

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

As I'm making slow progress on unpacking, I'm left with a dilemma. I bought the daybed version of this bench. Originally it was for a guest room, now a nursery. So the question is, how to dress it?

Source: worldmarket.com via Ann on Pinterest


I'm debating on if it is possible to dress it well without covering the back detailing. It seems so many daybeds are beautiful because of the plethora of cushions but I just love the shape of this bed. Daybeds are not an oft discussed design feature on blogs (I tried researching!) and I will say, more often than not inspiration is not to my liking. Either underdone or overdone. I do know I find the following rooms beautiful, is it the daybed?



Source: cococozy.com via Ann on Pinterest











Source: designamour.com via Ann on Pinterest






Source: palmerweiss.com via Ann on Pinterest




Source: isuwannee.com via Ann on Pinterest

A couple others I've posted before. I know I'm not planning bed hangings but these are lovely rooms.


Source: elledecor.com via Ann on Pinterest



So what are your thoughts? Advice? I'm having four Euro covers done soon and two 18 inch pillows. I'm not sure how to arrange them but I wanted them for comfort at the very least.

And can you believe this makes 250 posts?


Woodside Park said...

Ann - Congrats on 250! WOW! I'm only on 26 or 27 :-) At this rate, I'll be lucky to make it to 50!

I love the daybed with all the blue and white cushions. For comfort I don't think you need so many pillows, though. Just a few "appropriately stuffed" pillows would be fine. Otherwise all those pillows end up on the floor when someone sleeps on the bed.

Cheers, Loi