before-after

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The looming move abroad has me crossing all the little projects off my to-do list. A couple months ago I sent this landscape to my art restorer, Pat Mahoney. We just got it back and he did a wonderful job! Here's the before, as you can see the frame is separating at the corners and the paint is flaking :

And here's the after:

As you can see, it is like night and day - at least to me! He restored both the painting and the frame. I'm so pleased.
Parnassus said...

Hi Ann, They did such a nice job on your painting. I can see what attracted to to this work. It is an attractive landscape (I especially like the dramatic trees and rocks in the foreground) but the houses and buildings give it a human scale and a domestic appeal.
--Road to Parnassus

Woodside Park said...

Ann - Wow, very nice!! I recently had an antique (very brittle) oil on canvas painting restored, and the conservator lined / backed the canvas on fiberglass board. Also, the conservator did a "light handed" cleaning....turned out great! Thanks for sharing your before & after! Loi

Ann said...

Thank you both. It is amazing what they can do! My husband picked it out actually but I love that the artist was actually a trained doctor. It reminds me that we're not confined by our diplomas or professions. :)