unpainted inspiration - thomas jayne

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Had a bit of a moment over the work of Thomas Jayne with a blogging friend. I thought we should share the photo that sparked it with the rest of the internet.


And more,


image via


image via, AD


image via, TD Classicist


image via, AD

And lovely interviews with the man himself, here and here.


image via

Having a lot of fun catching up with design friends in America. I have a few things planned in the upcoming weeks including a couple house tours, one American and one Japanese. See you soon!
Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, I also love poring over the work of Thomas Jayne, and was interested to note that he is working on the revamping of the President's house at Yale.

By the way, you didn't mention his sporadic but interesting blog:
http://decoration-ancientandmodern.com/

--Road to Parnassus

ArchitectDesign™ said...

hey -thats me! I just love his work and scholarly eye for antiques. Hadn't seen some of these...thanks for sharing!

Ann said...

I didn't know about the blog!! So glad you brought it to my attention, don't know how I could have missed that. I did stop into a Mrs. Howard store the other day and was admiring his book, "American Decoration." I agree, I do admire his knowing approach but then ability to incorporate beautiful things into everyday living.