cherry blossoms and horses

Monday, July 15, 2013

One more cherry blossom post! This festival was a few months ago but I still wanted to share it since it was so unique. Not only did they have beautiful blossoms but women competing in a tradtional archery contest. Their costumes were just beautiful despite the rain and mud. Starting with the blessing and procession.


The action


A couple of the champions



 And a few days later, the blossoms finally made their appearance!




photos by me, please credit if you share, thanks!
ArchitectDesign™ said...

Oh that is SO COOL!

Parnassus said...

Hello Ann, This reminds me of Civil War reenactments or Renaissance Fairs in the U.S.
--Jim

M. James said...

Wow, the images are amazing. From the first time I saw pictures of cherry blossoms I have been dreaming of seeing them in person. If I get the chance to travel to Japan, I’d like to witness them. It’s so nice to learn that they have an archery contest for women. The costumes and the horses are beautiful. Hopefully, one day, I’d be fortunate to come face to face with this beautiful imagery. I have been reading this blog and another relatively new design and style blog as well, http://www.natalieumbert.com. The images and posts keep me motivated to aim for beauty in everything I design.